Well the prospective new guide dog came and checked us out – we seem to meet with her approval:) she will be arriving to stay with us on the 27th of this month at which point my sister’s currant dog retires. She will enjoy that. They are ready to be dogs again after 8 years of work.
While they work they have 1 day off a week when they are allowed to just ‘be’, just ‘do’ what dogs do. Run, play, sniff and roll in un-believably horrid smells! Do any of you have a dog who’s a ‘roller’? Yes? You know then! Now she can have a ‘free’ run every day – her reward for years of behaving and being responsible. Fortunately as I’m prepared to walk her every day (and you know how much I’m looking forward to that! Not.) she can stay with us so my sister doesn’t have to say farewell.
My sister had a trial run with new dog and thought the going was fast but I suspect the real pace will be faster!! This dog is 20 months old the old dog is 10yrs and has been slowing down for a year or so now. Advised my sister to get on my step machine- start training!
This week has been all about getting life straight in time for the end of the month and March when training begins. It will be a difficult time for my sister and the dogs so I have been clearing the decks as fast as I can. A dump of snow isn’t helping but there you go. It will be so good to have this new dog, the old one was beginning to get unreliable and I worry enough at my sister going out there as it is! Old worry-guts that’s me. I would never try to stop her but. . . when she’s not back in the time I expect I begin to imagine – then I find she’s been gossiping in the village! well!:)
My goals now have become more fluid down to ‘’What I can’ for the rest of the round.
1) Blue Moon goes well have managed a healthy 4000 – had a complete rethink on the problem of the body disposal and come up with a pretty satisfactory solution – it does mean that at least 3 scenes have to be changed – not doing that till editing time – have just noted where. I think I will still make NaNaEdMo in March.
3) Have stopped The Ancestors Tale until next round because of new dog- that’s fine will start again in May after the A-Z
4) Almost finished Ellen’s Tale trailer, just fiddling with music now.
5) Almost finished the new website.
6) Finished a short story -ready for friend from forever/editor.
7) Made more progress clearing mail box – but really this automatic organizer Yahoo has is hopeless!
8) Have organized my Goodreads page merging ordinary page with Author page – still can’t figure how I get a ‘fan’ button on the page – have sent out help messages to all and sundry – anyone here know how?
I also had a return visit from Terri Morgan on the Red Carpet which was great.
Maybe uplift new web site – fingers crossed – this is the difficult bit
Finish trailer – fingers crossed
Find my ‘fan’ button
Start the A-Z blogs (have at last decided what to do!)
More Blue Moon (body disposal!)
Two more book reviews
How did everyone else do – satisfactorily I hope – all the best for the coming week