It has been an odd sort of nothing week. The day we entered into a ‘haven’t a clue how long this will last but probably all summer’ hosepipe ban’, it began to rain, and it hasn’t stopped since. Memo to water authorities – didn’t want to use a hose pipe anyway so there:)
Hailstorm yesterday when in the woods with the dog. They hurt! Spent too many hours this week, drying self and dog off for it to be considered fun.
Lost the computer for 36 hours – so I decided I would not stress and settled down to read another Pratchett. Was just beginning to suffer internet withdrawal symptoms when the machine was good again. My mail box overflowed – still trying to catch up!
Then I lost more time with a vague feeling of un-wellness, nothing specific, achy shaky kind of thing. I thought it wise to take care of myself. Read another Pratchett:) am fine now, I think.
So how did I do this week?
1) Still up to date on my A-Z blogs which was my main goal this month. Since Last Sunday’s check in I have written approx. 6000 words on A-Z so have kept up with writing.
2) Been doing some more research on bacteria for NaNo in November
Research for Ancestors Tale I hope is completed, notes drawn up. Have put myself down for a little nano in June – keep wanting to write this Tale – cannot wait until August boot camp:)
3) While I have been researching for the A-Z blogs have wandered down some other paths – as one does in research, and have made a list of subjects for future blogs – so ‘tis a bonus.
4) Although I shouldn’t have, I’ve now read seven Terry Pratchett books in a very short period! Time I did some real work around here: ( so that reading challenge is almost complete).
5) Only just hanging on by fingertips to networking targets but have, I think, managed.
6) I am pleased to report that I do believe my ankles are improving, have done 5 days of half hour walk and one of an hour and although they still hurt they are not hurting so much. At least that’s my impression, I have not taken any painkillers for them all week so Yay – maybe this walking will do me good eventually.
Am taking possession of some gadget, which will turn my bike into a stationary one. I can’t ride it out on the roads anymore, as when my ankle goes, so do I! Getting a wee bit dangerous. Will put it the conservatory, open the window and watch the garden pass me by:)
So an okay week despite chills, computer and hailstorms. Hope everyone else has had a good week and all the best for the coming week