The A-Z madness has slid triumphantly to an end – well tomorrow actually,but it is all done and dusted here on my machine. Relaxation beckons. Wonderful. I have enjoyed my annual April of madness. It is a chance to flex my writing muscles a little, an opportunity to wander (research) down paths I do not normally have time for. Fascinating times are had. I really enjoy visiting the other blog sites and discovering so many new and interesting people. So many. Only managed a handful, there’s over a thousand on the list!
I have clocked up approx. 23,800 words over the 26 days we had to post, which is a good total to keep my writing hand in trim. I have discovered so many new interests, as I did the research, which I shall now pursue further. Also have a long list of ideas for possible blog posts as well. Well pleased.
I had a lovely surprise this week finding that Prudence MacLeod, ( a fellow ROW’er), had read, enjoyed and reviewed the first vol of my short stories A Patchwork of Perspectives. Such a nice review, unexpected but making my day. Her comment on the dogs especially pleased me , as some of you know I am more a cat person, but the fact that I had caught the dogs well enough for a dog person, seemed to me a quiet validation and boosted my confidence. So thank you Prudence.
I am taking the day off tomorrow to have birthday lunch out and hit the charity shops to treat myself to some new books, (like I really need more:) The excitement of random buy books, and charity shops are one of the places for random buys, is the excitement of never knowing what you will find. A treasure, a good enough read, a disaster – the unknown. Other people’s rejects are so often one’s own pleasures. So fingers crossed.
I may not have been writing novels/short stories this last month but my mind has been fermenting ideas and possibilities, so I am still walking alongside all my WIPs.
Goals for next month are really housekeeping goals, clearing the decks before the JuNoWrMo cahallenge I have signed up for. Then, it will be head down, fingers flying again, with a 50,000 word challenge. The good thing about this one is there is no rule about coming with completely clean page. It is a word count challenge.
1) Split Ancestors into two books The City’s Tale and The Outsider’s Tale – ‘tis an idea I have – might not work – may have to join them again – will see.
2) Polish short stories, design a cover and get edits done for 1st Vol of Purple Turtle collection
3) Catch up on my other blogs, book reviews, book challenge updates, world building and words.
4) Catch up on networking, sadly neglected this last few weeks
5) Finish Ellen trailer, and post it and Sefuty Chronicle one up on you-tube
6) Update all the sites my publications are featured on
7) Start writing to reviewers re – reviewing Chronicles and Patchwork
8) Continue with walks – hit bad, painful needing pills, patch this week:(- include step, bike and rebounder into routine.
All small fiddly bits, but needing doing, will continue editing Blue Moons and making notes of where I need to enlarge and deepen in line with my new goal for it
So a good week and looking forward to this coming one. I hope everyone has a reasonable week. I should have more time to visit this week – all the best and keep smiling.