It’s sunny – it’s sunny – sorry to repeat myself but it’s sunny and that has been so rare for weeks and months. The difference it makes to a simple soul such as I is a…maz…ing:) I smile therefore I am, my mantra; trouble is, I don’t smile at grey skies, so what am I then?
1) I posted an appeal for opinions on the difference between love for friends, children, parents and partners, had one splendid answer but would still like to know your views. Have been struggling with a scene in Blue Moon where there is supposed to be an explanation of what love is – to chap who has never experienced it.
Help appreciated here please.
2) Anyway, not much of this past week has been mine to play in – my friend from forever/editor arrived for a week, and the only writing I managed to get done was a ‘story a day for May’, for the challenge – they are mostly long flash, but most with the potential to enlarge. Then there was a couple of longer 1500 words (I don’t consider them flash, (flash = 300 – or pos.500 at pinch). I decided that for the ‘Write a short story a week for a year’ challenge I would concentrate on the longer pieces, try for one each week coming in at 2500 + – to that end I have produced 2 so far (rough draft).
3) Although only spent a couple of hours on the task this week, have been continuing, slowly, to edit what I have of Blue Moon. Sketched in some extra scenes, and have gone back to basics and note sketched in some character depth + symbolism of events. It’s shaping up quite nicely now, into the kind of book I always wanted it to be, all those decades ago.
4) Have also started planning a field trip to the location of much of Blue Moon – well a few days’ hols. really:) I will be working honest. The trip had to be put on hold because of the difficulties with my sisters training, but with fingers crossed and a lotta luck I should be able to sneak away in September. With friend from forever/editor coming up to care for my sister. So am having great fun working out exactly where I want to go.
5) Have decided on a cover for Purple Turtles Vol 1 – friend from forever/editor is going to see if she can get the necessary photos for me.
6) All notes on structure, incidents, characters time line etc ready and waiting for JuNoWrMo:)
7) Have finally, after a discussion with young friend of mine, worked out the structure of my creation myth for NaNoWrMo in November and I get to keep the three strands I always wanted to use:) talking it over with her on our hour long journey back from choir helped , and a suggestion of hers slotted in so neatly – singing seems to fizz up a brain in a wonderful way.
*This coming week hope to get more writing done, including some blogs, a book reviews.
*Try to get to end of this round of editing on Blue Moons clear the decks before June.
*And I need to spend a good amount of time catching up on network sites. Not done so well this past week.
Hope everyone has a good week and all the best for the coming one:)