My visitors left on Wednesday afternoon, after a five day stint here. With their help, a great deal was achieved in the garden. The wild patch is almost clear and those pesky muscles on muscles no longer ache, so I guess I’m fitter now than a few weeks ago:)
I got angsty with my wildlife, again! Always having to give the creatures a talking too, this time the winged variety. When I agreed to share my space with them and it was a genuine offer, I didn’t actually mean I was to be part of their mealtimes. Every mosquito in the garden must have sampled my blood this week. I wonder how many thousand I have helped nourish over my lifetime? Still, I suppose it’s an indication that one of my life forces is still sweet and rich:)
I took the rest of Wednesday off and read. I had started Game of Thrones a couple of weeks ago and read about a hundred pages before I wandered back to my machine. So I settled down to give it another go. ‘Tis a mammoth read. My dentist’s nurse lent me this book and its sequel, way back last year.
Then I couldn’t find them. They come in at 800 +pages each, how could they go missing? I checked that she had lent them to me. Yes. So, okay I know there are many thousand books in my abode but they are mostly upstairs; books TBR stay downstairs until they are read. But these two had gone AWOL big time. So I wandered into town couple of weeks ago to buy her new copies. But before I visit the dentist again in another month I was determined to read them. After all they had cost me:(
Why had I put it off for so long, why the resistance to reading them? The size doesn’t bother me. Sometimes, one just decides something isn’t for them, for no apparent reason; maybe the moon is pink that day. Anyway, I proved that moon wrong, I thought it a great read. I gave it my undivided attention for six hours, finishing it in one session. Was hooked, well and truly. I have had to hide the second until I have read my readers group selection, due this Tuesday! But will be back for the second, hopefully next weekend.
In the meantime this week:
1) I have kept up with JuNo, even while my visitors were here and last night (Sat) my word count stood at 20,216 Very happy with that – 9 days into the challenge:)
2) Posted my Insecure Writers blog on Wednesday but no other blogs, so not good.
3) Am hopelessly behind on networking – have caught up on Triberr – apologies everyone on the lateness of some of the tweets, but got them all up there:)
4) Done some more editing on Blue Moon and have found a few more points I have to research (and there I was thinking I’d done most of it!)
5) Wrote a short story, for a workshop I am doing on twisting fairy tales – it will be my short story this week for ‘one a week challenge’. I think it might well be almost polished enough for collection, have sent to friend from forever/editor for correcting and hopefully approval.
6) Read Game of Thrones and a book on the history of weapons for the August boot camp NaNo.
7) Still exercising, sort of:) – have done the research and have drawn up new life style plan, in hopes the right food and exercise will alleviate some of my health probs. If not, ah well (shrug) ‘tis life. I do feel livelier these last couple of weeks but that might be the glimpses of blue sky/ sunshine and the effects of fresh air not the changes I am making – who knows what works?
Next week – more of the same I guess
* JuNo each day
* Must put up some blogs on other sites
* Must catch up on networks
* A new short story for challenge
* Continue editing Blue Moon
* Read some more of TBR pile for my reading challenges- will get behind otherwise
Hope everyone’s week has been satisfactory and all the best for coming week