I know you are all creative imaginative creatures, with wild inventive brains – please I need you:)
I have a problem remembering to take my pills. Always have. But I must find a way, the doctors wish to change one and it is very time specific, same time every day. Not difficult I can hear you mutter! let me explain two points
1) I have dyspraxia – along with many other problems I have a very disordered filing system, mental and physical. A slightly dysfunctional life style due a lot to this first fact. I have always found it very difficult to organise anything to do with my life, and it is not from lack of trying I do assure you, no one would wish such disorder on oneself. Apart from finding it difficult to absorb information the remembering of such information is unreliable. ‘Tis something I have learnt to deal with, manipulate and find ways around.
2) I do nothing at the same time and place every day to latch this pill requirement onto. So little routine that I am at a loss as to how to remember.
For instance: I do not look in a mirror every day (we only have 1 in the house , for visitors who seem to not be able to function without one!), listen to radio, TV, use the computer, read a diary every day. I do not eat/drink , walk the dog, housework, garden or shop at any set time. I do not possess a watch or look at clocks very often. I do not go to bed or wake up at the same time each day. How do I train my brain to take a pill at a set time each day?I have been on my present pills since 2004, meant to be taken every day but my record is patchy I can usually remember sometime during the day(occasionally I miss a day) but not at the same time each day.
This change of pill is important but unless I can do this it will do more harm than good I fear. I have tried keeping pills next to the bed, next to the coffee next to the computer over the years. I have tried setting alarms but I forget to re-set them, tried writing them into diarys but dont always look into a diary.If anyone out there has ideas am ready to try them – please – a little challenge:)
I also have very few doors in this abode and the few I have a re kept open – I do not like being in a closed room. That leaves external doors (am thinking of notices on door) I don’t go out every day – hopeless case but am I hoping someone out there has an idea.
Well, as many of you know, this has been a difficult round from the writing point of view! It has been a great round for learning about patience and acceptance(which I didn’t intend to learn about for another decade:( ah well.
However looking back on the past few weeks it hasn’t been as bad as I keep thinking. I had no specific goals except to do what I could so
1) Ancestors Tale – despite my fears I have managed to add another 35,000 words bringing the total up to 85,000 (am ignoring the fact that I hoped to be well into the editing by now!) this I count as major achievement so am smiling. I have to say these words are mostly down to my dragon. So Good
I have also found a whole new structure to the tale and a brand new place to begin. there’s a whole new storyline running through the archival material, very pleased with this also. Good
2) As Blue Moon was already on hold until next year what I have managed a fair bit of research, re structured the structure of how it will be presented. Finally nailed down names for characters and although research trip next week has had to have a complete overhaul am very positive about what I will be able to achieve there. So well pleased on this work. Good
3) At friend from forever/editor’s request have concentrated on the folk tale collection (no title yet!)as opposed to Purple Turtles. Have completed the collection and all but two stories have been edited, the cover design is coming along well – still hopeful for somewhere through October for getting this into print. Happy here also. Good
4) Networking took a considerable dip over most of the round but I did manage to keep up with triberr. So Not Good
5) Blogging has also suffered this round, I have managed some posts but Not Good
6) I have done a few workshops – when I say I have done them – I have read them but not participated, will read and absorb when I am better – So So here
7) I have learnt a great deal more about the various bits of software that I use, which is Good
8) I have managed to reduce my TBR pile quite a bit, have read some amazing books and throughly enjoyed myself – love a good reading fest:) Good
As I say not so bad, well behind where I wanted to be when the year started but am relaxed about it – goals are movable feasts in my life – after all if I had been asked six years ago whether I could do even this smaller amount I would have laughed in derision:)
I do hope others have had a satisfactory round. enjoy the hols and see you all back here in a couple of weeks, keep smiling:)