Happy feet dancing, well hobbling:) this week for the first time in many, many, months I have felt like I have had some control. It seems, at last, this last increase in heart pills has begun to kick in and energy, well mental energy, anyway is flowing back. If all those crevices and indentations of the brain are dried up waterways the drought is almost over, fresh water is saturating the land at last. As you can tell Alberta is a happier bunny this week. No greatness achieved but a very satisfactory week indeed.
The last of my endless tests wended their way back to the doctor’s hands this week. It seems I am not dying – well not just yet anyway:) the expression the specialist used was the results were ‘relatively reassuring’ which made me smile. I do not know the man well enough to know how much of a pedant he would be in his choice of words however I am taking it to mean ‘to quite a large extent or degree’ when ‘quite’ is used to reduce a negative bringing it up to almost the norm.
My medicine has been moved to the top dose he recommended and I need a blood test to make sure it harms me not. However,still no-one has explained what happened or why? Maybe they don’t know but without this I remain uncertain about a fair amount, mostly the amount of exercise I can do. Was it just a coincidence that this all kicked off when I began exercising more (despite my care not to rush it) So will be seeing the medics about this once all the new medicines are in place and working – still got to have the rat poison:(
I complain not – my brain is functioning again and I progress. This week
1) All corrections/final edit have been finished on The Fiddling Feline, the Flea and the Frog et al.
2) All formatting for print copy finished and PDF’d
3) 75% formatting for e-books (smashwords and kindle) done
When I began this lark I was publishing my books in A5 but when it came to Jack’s Tale the costs at the printers had become stupid prices and Royale was suggested – not a size I personally like. However, I left the printers as they insisted on a price I thought was unreasonable (I certainly wouldn’t be prepared to spend the amount they suggested on a paperback of an unknown author!) I moved to Lulu and decided to do the whole kit and caboodle myself. It is a more flexible system, I can chose the price – as long as they get what they need. Still Royale in size. However, those people who had bought the first three wanted A5 still, so I do a small run of that size for them. Not for sale on Lulu.
So when I say formatting for Lulu is done I am talking about two different sizes! Phew:) Smashwords and kindle have slightly diff. formats and processes. So I made 4 copies of the collection and have twiddled the better part of a day. When I stopped for the day just now I was smiling, when I first went through all this it took me days of anguished hair pulling and the most un-ladylike language these walls have ever heard – my mother would not have been proud of the language:)
So what else?
4) Complete storyboard done for The Fiddling Feline’s trailer
5) Created the music for it in 1day! 1 day- couldn’t believe it myself. Such a change from the doomy gloomy music of my Sefuty series – this is hoppy skippy, it’s fun.
6) Have begun manipulating pics for the video
I put out an appeal on my Face book groups for a few guest spots to push The Fiddling Feline come end of November and nice folks rallied round despite the short notice. Many from here – lovely folk. I have 8 spots now booked now, there is room for a few more if anyone else would like to help me.
7) Book promo is nearly organized (only started organizing half way through the week!:)
See why Alberta is feeling happy this week:) I will today say thanks for all your good wishes this past summer and for not washing your hands of my moans and groans.
8) I put up 1 blog on readers/writers here – Put ginger in the jam and chilli in the milk. Some days I get so exasperated with Triberr. It hates that I alternate between three blogs and throws a hissy fit every now and then – so this blog never saw the light of Triberr’s day:(
9) Updated my Goodreads profile with Jack’s Tale and A Patchwork of Perspectives and all three Sefuty Trailers – and updated books read so have now exceeded the 52 books I said I would read on their book challenge. It did help that I spent most of the summer lying around!
Watch out on Wednesday when I have our own Prudence MacLeod being interviewed on my Red Carpet. I have another couple of authors over the next month. Still room for more – book promo’s –guest blogs, whatever. If you want a spot, esp. if you are doing any Christmas promos, just drop me a word.
I had a thought this afternoon about my mini promo for Fiddling Feline and thought it would be nice to have a couple of reviews to put up with the details. Now the books are not ready, all three places take their time to complete their machinations, but if
10) Anyone would consider reading a slim vol of reworked fairy tale – 144 pages approx – in PDF form in order to comment/review I would be very grateful. Of course if you really like and want to keep book I will send proper book to you (UK) or e-book coupon when the various places have finished turning them into books. I know it is short notice so won’t be offended if no-one has time.
So next week is still – whatever and whenever energy dictates. Feel pretty good about it tho’
I do hope everyone else had a good week and all the best for this coming one.