Parcels, texture and editing

ROW80Logocopy

Have had a good week for receiving parcels – I do like a parcel:) I have been on e-bay buying more plants for Year Two of reconstructing my garden from labour intensive edible to less work wilderness er no wild garden:)The clement weather I was hoping for has come and gone so nothing has been planted yet but, they are smashing plants – I do like e-bay – my entire garden for 15 years has come from this place and hardly a dud amongst them. They sit in a cool light place awaiting their time in the sun.

There have also been some new clothes from there as well. I do like parcels not sure the bank manager does!

I have begun baking again, having discovered melted cake mixtures. I had struggled for a long time now with wrist and hand joints that just don’t like rubbing, mixing or creaming ingredients. As cakes and biscuits are not essential, I had given up the struggle. Now – well fortunately I do not have so much spare time we will be gorging ourselves, but it is nice to eat homemade again:)

Had two day workshop last week on textured embroidery which left said wrists quite swollen but I had such fun and learnt so much it was worth it. Now I can settle back with Dragon and give wrists a rest.

ROW80

All behind due to connection with Internet coming adrift for a couple of days!

Editing:

So the whole of this month is still abut editing – I am with NaNoEdMo again this year and am on track for the 50 hours. Finally, I believe I have worked out The Children’s Tale – it has taken so long but maybe I’m there.

Those who have been around these past few years may remember I ended with two stories instead of one and had to separate them and begin again, then I was ill and had to struggle to meld different pieces together when I recovered – it has never been an easy tale to write and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. After a long spell last year not touching it and re-reading it afresh I saw the problem. I had strayed over time from the normal structure of the series. I had strayed from the archival backbone of the Chronicles.

This round of editing will be long. I had 80,00 already written and now have to go through it all and change the structure, the personal pronouns and the tense of all those words. Separate chapters into one person narratives. Different view points on a scene!

I have begun this year and although it is amazingly hard work it progresses satisfactorily and begins to sound better. The concentration required leaves me flattened but am managing at least 2 – 3 hours a day. I can see a lot more will be needed after this sweep, as even now I am finding the wrong tense /pronoun hiding away. I had autocritted everything before I had discovered the fatal flaw so that continues alongside the changes. In finding different ways of eliminating repeated words and phrases I am also managing to change the flawed bits.

I don’t think this exercise will make me like editing, but this time the process is fascinating. Watching how whole pages change as I change just one or two words.

Blogs: have managed to keep up with these however, still haven’t moved all blog from blogger to wordpress. Must get those last few transferred.Have two blogs on kissafrog – When Spaghetti Grew on Trees and Great Aunts and the Danger of Exposed Flesh. Have written up two books for Literary Movement Reading Challenge Milton’s Areopagitica and Christopher Marlow’s Doctor Faustus.
The usual Musing Mondays and Writer’s Quote.

The A-Z planning is going well, most are drafted now but a deal of polish still needed. If I can get them done in time I may take some time off blogging in April and concentrate on new garden. One can have dreams:)

Networking: so-so not helped by connection going. Playing catch up on commenting

Reading is going well am now 12 ahead on the Goodreads Challenge total standing at 27 books this year.Gives me lots of wriggle room later in the year.

Life: not so bad especially now I can see spring around every corner. Still a little cold for my lungs but oh the sunshine and life rustling outside is making me very restless to be there. Have sorted some fabric out from stash of clothes that no longer fit which I have plans to combine into something which will fit! Made a dozen more scrumbles in blues, yellows and orange to celebrate the sunshine.

Next week: more of more of.

I hope everyone has had a good week and best of luck for the coming days.

This week or more has been mainly editing editing and yet more editing

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s