‘Tis the end. The last day of each round always seems to race up to the finish line, having dawdled for most of the race. Probably because I usually only post on a Sunday so this mid week thingy catches me out. Ah well.
At the beginning of this round I had scaled back my goals quite considerably bearing in mind a rather uncertain and fragile amount of energy.
I wanted to continue with The Ancestor’s Tale, which had been put aside last year because I was ill. Was determined to bring it to print by the end of the year. Was going to be finishing it and editing it during this round. I also thought I would begin to bring the first three to the fore before this the fourth came out.
I needed to work on a couple more book trailers, and start thinking of book cover for The Ancestor’s Tale. I had entered A-Z challenge, the Story a Day and JuNoWrMo. Finally I thought I would finish editing Memoirs fix a title and cover.
How did I do?
1) The editing went well. But when I was three quarters of the way through this editing I realised the whole thing was a bust, see my post of painted corners. Unfortunately for the novel most of what had been edited was to be discarded for this vol of The Sefuty Chronicles, I have reworked and restructured what is what is to be The Children’s Tale. The novel is no where remotely ready. So am not sure how realistic print this year is going to be. Will see. NO
2) I managed the A-Z challenge. YES
3) Story a Day went well. As well as reworked fairy tales I wanted some for a companion book of short stories for The Sefuty Chronicles eventually. Both were achieved. The jettisoned part from the old Ancestor’s Tale (the edited bit) will join the Companion Tales – the structure has to be changed to suit the book but that is tweaking rather than drastic re-write. YES
4) Finished editing memoirs YES
Cover and title NO
5) Am half way through JuNoWrMo and after a very late start (because of the dismantling of the Ancestor’s Tale I have caught up and should slide in with 50000 words for The Children’s Tale by the end of the month. YES
6) Spotlighting previous books: Ellen’s Tale was serialized on Morgen Bailey’s Novel Nights in and I am working on doing the same with The Storyteller’s Tale next round. So YES
7) Book trailers and covers NO( but isn’t that lucky seeing as I have changed Ancestor’s to Children:)
Content with the round, even if life appeared to go pear shape with WIP.
A huge thank you to everyone for the help and support during the round, hope to see you all back here next round.